Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content


Do you live in our Catchment?

Due to the recent rapid growth in the area around Hambledon State School the school is now enrolment managed.   For this reason it is important to check that you reside within our catchment area before beginning the enrolment process.

If you are not sure whether you live in Hambledon State School's catchment area please contact us.  We are happy to check for you.

Proof of Residency

Proof of residency is required before enrolment can proceed.  Any of the following documents will need to be sighted by our office staff before we can proceed:

  • A Cairns Regional Council Rates notice; or 

  • An electricity bill; or

  • A signed unconditional house contract; or

  • A Rental Agreement (stamped and signed by the real estate agent for a minimum of 6 months duration); or

  • A Rental Bond receipt; or

  • A registration notice for Queensland State or Federal electoral rolls; or

  • Proof of  Australian citizenship, permanent resident status or eligibility under a visa category.

Birth Certificate

A birth certificate must be sighted by our office staff for all students enrolling into Prep and Year 1.

Enrolment Interview

All new families are interviewed before entry to the school.  Please contact us to arrange a suitable time for an enrolment interview.

Enrolment Paperwork

Download the package here:

or collect them from our office

Complete the forms, collect any other documentation you need (listed above) and bring it all with you to the school for your enrolment interview.

Enrolment Management Plan

Further details regarding the school's enrolment plan can be found on the Enrolling at our school page of this website. 

Want to know more about us?

Our prospectus (PDF, 5959 KB) gives detailed information about the school.

Not sure what to do next?

If at anytime you are unsure what you should do next please don't hesitate to contact the lovely ladies in the office for assistance.